- Be based in New Zealand.
- Sell in New Zealand Dollars ($NZD).
- Have a direct payment gateway enabled. Learn More.
- Have a Refund Policy loaded in the Checkout Settings in your Shopify admin. Learn More.
If you do not meet the above eligibility criteria, the Curate app will be deactivated for your store. Learn more.
To be approved to sell on Curate:
- You must ship to New Zealand and Australia in a timely manner.
- You must sell high-quality products that we consider to be in demand by our members.
- You must have professionally shot and styled images. Products photographed on mannequins will generally not be accepted and may be removed.
- You must have a reputation for great customer service.
- You must clearly state shipping and contact information on your website.
- You must use product photography that does not infringe upon copyright law.
- You must sell genuine products. Counterfeit, knock-off, replicas and other imitation products are strictly prohibited.
- NOT sell offensive or prohibited goods (see our Merchant Agreement)
We reserve the right to decline stores that sell products that:
- We do not consider to be in demand by our members.
- We do not believe are the right fit for the Curate marketplace.
- Are mostly sourced from AliExpress or shipped directly from International Manufacturers.
- Are shipped from outside of New Zealand.
- Have contact information included in the product image or product description.
We strive to create a clean, cohesive look to our website and pride ourselves on partnering with brands who produce beautiful product photography. Watermarks can create clutter and distraction on our marketplace.
For this reason, we reserve the right to decline sellers that:
- Do not have professionally shot and edited product images.
- Include text or watermarks on the product images.
As a guide, here are some of the categories that we do and don't accept:
Categories we accepted:
- Baby & Kids
- Home decor, homeware and furniture
Categories that we may or may not accept:
- Stationery, books and office supplies
- Travel accessories
- Pet accessories
- Electronics and Gadgets
- Health and Beauty
- Food and Drink
- Sports and Recreation
- Niche consumer products
Categories we do not accept:
- Pseudo-pharmaceuticals and pharmaceuticals including but not limited to vitamins, herbs, supplements and botanicals.
- Construction and industrial